Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Week #3: FRUIT

It's a new week here at CASology and we're going to promote CAS health with FRUIT!

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To help you out, we've created a simple checklist to guide you when considering your CAS creations! We hope this helps to define things a bit more!


That last one may seem a bit crazy, but if someone were to simply look at your card and recreate it, a card that is clean and simple won't take them very long to make!  Of course, you (as the card designer) may actually spend quite a bit of time creating the initial card design, but anyone just copying what you've created should be able to do so fairly quickly if it is truly CAS!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that you have a handy little checklist, let's get a good dose of inspiration!  Jenny, last week's winner, is joining us as guest designer this week!

Guest DesignerJenny

design defined:
The stylised citrus wedges form a fan which is echoed in the quadrant shape of the white cardstock.  The gingham stamped behind highlights the shape.  A narrow orange 'rind' border brings the 2 together.



design defined: 
"White space" isn't always "white," but rather, simply open space that is free from decoration.


Rosemary

design defined:
Don't be afraid of leaving open space on your card.  If you think the card needs just a little something more, keep the addition simple.


Tracey

design defined:
By matting my focal panel with the supporting colours, I still allow the focal panel room to breathe.


Ardyth

design defined:
Use simple shapes and bold colours to capture the essence of the design.

Jen

design defined:
Keep the colour palette simple by using complementary colours (those that are opposite each other on the colour wheel).


Now go have fun!  We can't wait to see your FRUIT-y creations!

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for another great challenge, love all the Dt cards. Now the only problem is deciding what to make......

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for Jenny - congratulations and love your design.
    Wonderful designs by the team too, with such cute sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this challenge more and more each week. It's really been very helpful in teaching me that Less, can be BEST!!

    I submitted two cards this week, which I hope is okay! THANK YOU for another amazing week and for the inspiration, which I LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one awesome post showing the great DT cards and EXPLAINING the design concepts. I hope people take the time to really notice; thank you so much for taking the time to produce this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a great cue this week! Can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finally was able to play this week - I am loving the DT's inspiration - the "design defined" comments are wonderful - feels like I'm learning something with each one - love that - thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your challenge and excited to play! Thanks for the fun challenge and great DT projects ladies!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for a super fun challenge! The DT creations are all amazingly stunning and inspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the challenge, I love the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to Jenny and everyone else who brings these fun challenges to us each week! I'm really learning to love (and use) CAS more often!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for keeping us challenged and improving. I love being able to participate these last 2 weeks.

    Hugs from rainy-Washington,

    Lindasue

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this challenge. And I feel like a part of a new community. The Design Team is incredible. They create amazing examples for inspiration and then visit our blogs to leave very thoughtful comments. And believe me they pay attention. I've been trying to visit as many blogs as I have time for, so I see their comments and praise every where. And it feels so special when they visit and comment. Thanks DT you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was truly a challenge for me.........finding a fruit stamp! I messed up on Mr. Linky, ended up with no pic. Added my pic to Splitcoast to try again and ended up with a blurry pic! I really tried, LOL! The link to my actual blog post is:
    http://rockymtnpapercrafts.blogspot.com/2012/07/new-pigment-ink-pad-sets.html

    Love the new CAS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was so excited about doing another challenge with you this week. Last week was my first every time I participated in a challenge (other than looking at all the entries others submitted, but that doesn't count). I could not believe it that I had fruit on my worktable on a half made card from yesterday. I guess it was providence that I looked at the blog for a challenge last night.

    ReplyDelete