Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Week 36: SONG



Spring seems to be arriving rather slowly this year, but song birds seem to be appearing with little melodies to brighten our mornings as we continue to wait for the rest of the season's beauty.  This week's cue word is probably going to bring many different things to mind, especially favorite tunes!  Now here's a thought:  If you choose to go with a favorite tune, we just might be able to come close to guessing your approximate age!  Gasp!  Don't worry, we're not going to go there (...even though that might be a rather interesting game, don't you think?)!

This week, we have a new sponsor!  Introducing the fabulous Alley Way Stamps!

We're a small company from Utah that specializes in clear photopolymer stamps that are made right here in the USA! These stamps are fun, whimsy, and sometimes a little quirky. We try to keep them trendy. The sentiments will always put a smile on your face. We began in January 2012 with the release of four stamp sets and are now up to 38 sets and growing.
We at The Alley Way bring you one of a kind stamps. All of our stamps are hand created with you in mind; even our sentiments are made to go perfectly with each set. One of our favorite things to do is pick out PUNNY sentiments and the perfect stamp name.
We hope our designs here at The Alley Way will inspire a little creativity in everyone. From the oldest to the youngest, we hope it brings out the fun in crafting. We can't wait to see The Alley Way Stamps in your next project!


Be sure to go and see what they have to offer because their stamps will definitely bring a smile to your face!  Besides that, they are offering a free stamp set to this week's winner!  It's called The Gang (see image below)!



Just seeing this adorable set brings to mind the lyrics, "How much is that doggie in the window?"  Or, "There was a farmer had a dog..."  The design team has created some fun inspiration for this week's cue word and you may just be able to figure out what song some of them were thinking of when they were busy designing!  All have used The Alley Way Stamps sets!

desin definged:
Create a small scene to imply a larger one by masking on a one-layer card.


Maureen
design defined:
Add dimension to only one image for a greater impact.


Meghan
 
design defined:
An embossing folder can be used in place of patterned paper for a more clean and simple card.


Melissa
design defined:
Use color to evoke memories or emotion.


Rosemary
design defined:
Use simple color combos to help keep your card CAS.

Tracey
design defined:
Smaller images stamped on a smaller panel creates a bigger wow factor.


Ardyth
design defined:
Iconic shapes and colours make the message very clear!


Jen
design defined:
Use patterned papers in small doses for big impact on a CAS card.


Now go have fun and don't forget to link up your SONG creations by Sunday at 4:00 p.m. (CST)!


12 comments:

  1. Count me in...I have a song in mind, but it's definitely going to reveal my age :-)
    Great designs by the DT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - gorgeous cards by the DT - you gals really ROCKED the TAWS stamps!!! Thanks for the fun - great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab challenge and fantastic inspiration from the DT! I have so much fun discovering diffeernce music with these types of challenges. This one brought me all the way back to the 20s and 30s! Too fun! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a song challenge! Thanks for another fun challenge ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great challenge, and great cards from the DT, and also the entries so far :)
    Hugs Suzy B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a wonderful challenge--and absolutely fabulous work from the DT, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been finding my inner CAS & hope to enter more of your challenges. This week I knew immediately what I wanted to do & with that darling stamp set the prize I had to enter. Thanks for all the inspiration you provide!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute DT cards, ladies!! I had "insider" help linking my card (thanks, Ardyth!), so don't include me in the best picks, please. I'm adding my card anyway, just for fun and maybe to inspire someone in turn!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving this challenge! I'm new to all of this - I'm having great fun looking at all the cards and guessing some of the songs (then I'm stuck with the songs running through my head all day!) - Thanks CASology (and the design team for all the inspiration) - this is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great theme this week! Loved seeing the DT's interpretation of the songs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this challenge. I looked at every single card, because I had to know the song. I'm soooo glad I found your challenge and plan to play along every week

    ReplyDelete