Are you following along each day for your chance to win some rather wonderful blog candy? Remember to comment on today's featured design team member's blog to be eligible to win!
How do you describe your style?
May Park from Mayholic in Crafts
- Designing for Waffle Flower Crafts, CASology, Catered Crop.
- Top 5 of the Paper Crafts Magazine’s Gallery Idol 2014 card contest.
- Writing a card making book which will be published in South Korea at the end of this year.
- Live in beautiful Southern California with my wonderful husband and two adorable cats.
- loving Papertrey Ink, Hero Arts, Simon Says Stamp and Waffle Flower Crafts.
- using Hero Arts shadow inks, white embossing powder, glossy accents.
- enjoying heat embossing and masking.
How did you get into card making?
I had not enjoyed any arts and crafts until my friend showed me her amazing scrapbook album in May 2010. I honestly didn’t know there was a paper-crafting world before. A month later, I made my first scrapbook page when I went to the Crop Night at Michael’s. Then I started scrapbooking with the encouragement of my hubby, and slowly moved into making cards. Crafting is my passion since then. Sometimes I’m surprised to see myself passionate about paper crafting because I had never thought of myself related to creativity back in Korea.
Mostly clean and simple! Here is why I stick to the CAS style. I discovered the Kristina Werner blog in June 2011, and she’s been my idol card maker since then. I had been following her card designs for practice for a year. I also try not to rely on stamps, patterned papers, and dies. That’s why I love to make my own embellishments as focal points using Silhouette Design Studio. The creativity is the most important element in my card. I like to be as creative as possible on the cards that I make.
Is there anything else you think we should know about you?
I’m in the Paper Crafts Magazine’s Gallery Idol 2014 card contest, and I created a Cinderella Themed card for the final round. Please check out my blog HERE and vote for your favorite HERE.